Benefit fraud in the UK costs the taxpayer 2 Billion pounds in 2017 according to the DWP. Local authorities spend thousands each year using their own in-house investigators to catch benefit cheats.
Unfortunately benefit fraud is on the increase both in the UK and in Europe and is putting considerable strain on local authorities.
Pegasus-PI covert surveillance services are often called upon by several local authorities to investigate benefit fraud as they sometimes lack the specialist operatives to investigate some cases. Especially when it is a difficult area to conduct surveillance or in another European country such as Spain. (Spain being the number one country for Ex Pats to commit benefit fraud).
We have successfully obtained evidence which in turn has led to either a prosecution, repayment or an confiscation order.
The common types of benefit fraud investigated are:
- Claiming benefits while working cash in hand.
- Moving abroad while still claiming.
- Claiming benefits after children have left home.
- Single parent claiming whilst cohabitation with a new partner.
- Claiming disability allowance after a full recovery.
- Claiming rent allowances whilst sub letting.
- Claiming after receiving a large inheritance.
” Taxpayers’ money should be going to the people who need it most, not lining the pockets of criminals.”
Contact Pegasus-PI today for a free no obligation consultation.